Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I place an order?
- Phone: 336-456-7879
FB Messenger: Desserted Island Bakery
- Please check the "Availability Calendar" found under the "Ordering" tab before placing your order.
2. How far in advance should I place my order?
- Orders may be placed up to 1 month in advance.
We ask for a minimum 3 days notice for standard cake orders and at least 2 weeks notice for custom cake orders.
- Yes, an initial 50% deposit is required to reserve your date and is non-refundable. We provide electronic invoices which allow you to pay via PayPal or with a credit/debit card. We also accept payments via the CashApp.
4. Do you deliver?
- All orders are delivered to a public location for pick-up. This location is provided with your order confirmation. Delivery to an alternate location is available for an additional fee.
5. Do you ship?
- Currently, we do not ship our products.
6. How should I store my cake?
- Cakes iced in fondant or with fondant decorations may be refrigerated however, the fondant may melt depending on the moisture level of your refrigerator.
-Cakes iced in buttercream do not need refrigeration if they are to be served the same day; otherwise, refrigerate and then serve at room temperature.
- Cakes with cream cheese icing or covered in whipped cream (such as the Red Velvet and Banana Pudding cakes) must be refrigerated.
7. Will my cake look like the picture I provided?
- We can not recreate cakes exactly as any photo. All cakes are works of art and we have our own different styles, tools, and methods of creating custom cakes, however, we will use any provided photos as inspiration.
8. Do you offer tastings?
- Tastings are available as a part of wedding consultations only. The cost is $25 for a dozen of cupcakes which includes up to 3 flavors. If you order from us, the $25 is deducted from the final cost of the wedding cake.